- Take tomatoes and chop finely, keep aside.
- Take a wok, add gingelly oil to it and let it heat. Add slowly
mustard seeds, udid dal, ginger, chillies, curry leaves, hing and
allow oil to smoke. Stir the ingredients slowly until sauteed.
- Add the tomatoes slowly and keep stirring. To it add turmeric
powder, salt, chilli or rassam powder. Keep adding little gingelly
oil, jaggery and stir until the juices evaporate completely, and the
tomatoes resemble a paste form.
- Now the Tomato Thokku is ready.
- Keep to cool and store it in a sterilized glass jar. Store away
from sunlight, or preferably in the fridge. Keep outside 10 minutes
- You can relish its taste along with chappathies, idlis, dosas,
even curd rice.